Welcome to a brand new year and the first year of changes created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) that was passed in December of 2017. We are starting the season with a new look to our newsletter, with expanded information, due to the many changes that took affect for the 2018 tax year. We hope that you had a rewarding and profitable year and we look forward to seeing you in our office very soon.
Over the following weeks until tax day we will be sharing several reminders and new tax tips to help you prepare your information. Remember to start early. Being organized and prepared when you come in for your appointment helps us get you the biggest refund allowable. So, if you want to get that BIG REFUND as soon as possible, get your information together and call us to make your appointment today at (309) 827-4010. Our professional and knowledgeable staff is ready and waiting to serve you!
Appointment Hours. We are currently scheduling tax preparation appointments. Please call and set up your appointment to ensure a convenient time is available. To make an appointment or if you have any questions, please feel free to call us at (309) 827-4010.
Hours 9am – 8pm M-F & 9am – 4pm on Sat.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
To help ensure that your tax preparation appointment runs smoothly, please be sure to bring all of the following items:
- All W-2s, 1099s, or any other tax forms received.
- Any information pertaining to interest, dividend or any other income.
- K-1s from LLCs, Partnerships or S Corporations.
- Any information pertaining to sales of stock.
- Health insurance forms, i.e. 1095.
- Categorized list of income and expenses for businesses and rentals.
- List of personal itemized expenses (i.e. medical, mortgage interest, property taxes, sales tax, charitable contributions, etc.)
- Social Security cards for self, spouse and dependents.
- Picture ID for self and spouse.
Check back each week for more tax tips from Tax & Accounting Plus